Hair Removal Tips from Bikini Zone®
Shaving Tips For The Bikini Area
Have you ever noticed that when you shave your bikini area you get bumps and redness, even though you use the same exact technique on your legs and come out unscathed? The reason for this is that the skin around your bikini area is much more sensitive.
Right now you are probably saying, "DUH, so what can I do about it?" Well relax! We have put together a number of tips so that you can get the closest possible shave without leaving the bathroom looking like you lost a fight to your razor. Just follow the simple and easy steps below for a soft and smooth bikini area that will leave you feeling confident and sexy.
- Step 1 Soak in Shower/Bath: First take a warm shower or bath. The heat will soften skin and relax the hair follicle.
- Step 2 Exfoliate: Exfoliate your bikini area with a mild exfoliator or use your favorite body wash with a wash cloth. Exfoliating will rid the area of dead skin and also help you get a closer shave.
- Step 3 Apply Shave Gel: Next apply a shaving cream or gel to damp skin. Bikini Zone’s Anti-Bumps Shave Gel allows your razor to easily glide over skin for a clean, close shave while moisturizing microbeads and vitamins A, C and E help protect skin from razor bumps, itching and razor burn. Plus it’s clear so you can see where you’re shaving and help prevent nicks and cuts.
- Step 4 Shave: For best results, use a fresh razor when shaving your bikini area. First shave in a downward motion in the direction of hair growth, as opposed to against the hair (as you might do when shaving your legs). This will help prevent irritation to the area. Once you have removed as much hair as possible shaving in that direction, firmly hold skin and shave in the opposite direction for a close shave. Try to avoid going over the same area too many times as this can also cause irritation.
- Step 5 Rinse: Once you are finished shaving, rinse the area with warm water and pat dry.
- Step 6 Fight Bumps and Irritation: Finally, apply Bikini Zone Medicated Crème, Gel, Roll-on or Spray to the area in order to help prevent bumps and irritation. You wouldn’t wash your hair without using conditioner to leave your hair looking silky and smooth, so consider Bikini Zone to be your secret weapon to achieve a silky smooth bikini area.
- Step 7 Have Fun: Now that you feel confident and sexy, you can go have FUN!